Invest now in our SL Premium Income Fund
- We will manage the loans under the investment portfolio
- Some loans will provide monthly income and others will only be repaid at the end of the loan term (i.e. where interest is capitalised on the loan).
- As the investor you get to choose which Mortgage Investment you get involved in based on your own risk profile and what you are looking to achieve through your investment.
This offer is limited to Wholesale / Sophisticated Investors, as defined by the Corporations Act 2001.
Secured Lending has a network of 10,000 accountants, solicitors, brokers and financial advisors which provide Secured Lending access to a number of lending opportunities across Australia.
Secured Lending completes a thorough due diligence assessment with their in-house valuation team providing expert advice on real property for finance purposes.
Secured Lending will always settle a deal with their own funds first.
Once the loan has settled, Secured Lending will offer the opportunity for investors to participate in the loan, with a minimum investment of $100,000.
How to get started
Create an Account
Choose where you want to invest
Earn a return on your investment
Investment with Secured Lending is limited to Wholesale / Sophisticated Investors, as defined by the Corporations Act.
Range of Investor Types:
If you are unsure whether you satisfy the Wholesale / Sophisticated Investor requirements, you should consult an appropriately qualified professional advisor.
A ‘wholesale and sophisticated investors’ mean an investor who:
- invests $500,000 or more in the Fund; or
- if investing less than $500,000:
- provides a certificate from a qualified accountant (substantially in a form provided by and available from the Trustee) that states that the Investor has net assets of at least $2.5 million or has a gross income for each of the last two financial years of at least $250,000; or
- is a professional investor (including the holder of an Australian financial services licence, a person who controls more than $10 million or a person that is a listed entity or a related body corporate of a listed entity).
The minimum investment amount per loan is$100,000.
The maximum investment amount will depend on a deal by deal case and will be disclosed in the Information Memorandum.
Funding will only be for commercial and business purposes only and may not be used for consumer purposes (for example, purchase of an individual residential property).
Typically, the term of the loan ranges between 1 to 24 months, and are always secured by a registered first mortgage over real property. Investors will not be asked to invest in loans, where their investment will exceed a 70% LVR at the start of the Loan.
Depending on the structure of the loan, mortgages may be taken over vacant land, residential, commercial, retail or industrial properties in Australia. The Fund will NOT invest funds for the purposes of providing construction loans for property development purposes .
As an Investor, you will gain access to the following:
- Experience – The team of Secured Lending have significant experience in property lending, valuation and recovery. Secured Lending has lent over $400m+ in property backed loans since inception.
- Additional Security – Unlike many other private lending opportunities, Secured Lending may co-lend on the loans offered to Investors. If Secured Lending participates in a loan, they will only be repaid once the Investor has been repaid.
- Choice of Loans – Investors are given the choice as to which loans they would like to participate in, based on their own personal preferences and investment criteria. Each loan and its underlying security are held separately from other loans and their respective security.
- Communication – Secured Lending will actively monitor and communicate with the Manager ensuring Investors are kept up to date with the status of their investments.
Investors may choose which sub-trust they wish to invest in based on their own risk appetite. Each sub-trust will be exposed to a different commercial loan, with some being higher risk commercial loans (targeting higher rates of return for Investors) and others being lower risk commercial loans (targeting lower rates of return for Investors).
Each loan and its underlying security are held separately from other loans and their respective security. The loan capital contributed by the Investor will not exceed 70% of the value of the security.
All investments / business ventures carry a certain level of risk. The likely investment return and the level of risk of losing money differs among financial products or indeed any investment structure, depending on the performance of the underlying assets.
When participating in a financial product it is important to understand that:
- returns are not guaranteed
- you may lose part of or all of your money
- there may be possible delays in payment
- the levels of return will vary, and past performance and returns may not be an accurate predictor of future performance and returns
- laws affecting your participation may change
- investments have different degrees of liquidity.
Prior to participating in a syndicated loan, you should undertake your own research and speak with your financial adviser to confirm that the proposed structure suits your needs.
Secured Lending ensures you always have access to in-depth and complete information regarding your investment and you will be entitled to receive:
- Supplementary Information Memorandum for every loan
- Loan Summary / Receipts and Payments for each loan
- Confirmation of your loan and repayments
- Updates to any changes of the circumstances of the loan
- Distribution statements